BEAUTIFUL BULLDOG CONTEST
Saturday, March 15, 2014
USE "REGISTER NOW" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Welcome to the 4th Annual Citadel Beautiful Bulldog Contest. It is being presented by The Citadel Football Association to support our living mascots, General II and Boo X, and our football scholarship program.
The contest will be held on Saturday, March 15, 2014 at The Citadel’s Johnson Hagood Football Stadium in Charleston, SC, in conjunction with the Spring Football Game
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 11:30 am-12 noon Registration in the Concourse under the Home Side Stands
- 12 noon-1:00 pm Judging
- 1:00 pm -1:30 pm Complimentary Lunch for Dog Owners sponsored by Jersey Mikes/Tally Votes
- 1:30 pm-1:45 pm Announce/Award winners on Concourse (approximate time) Dogs go on football field at half time of the Spring Football Game
- Best Tail Wagger
- Best Smiler
- Best Physique
- Miss Congeniality/Mr. Personality
- MOST BEAUTIFUL BULLDOG
- BEST COSTUME Note: Best Costume prizes will be awarded, but Costume category scores will NOT be included in Most Beautiful Bulldog scores.
- Our judges will be looking for the “Most Beautiful Bulldog.” Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- All entries must be a real, living, drooling English Bulldog.
- Only 2 dogs may be registered per person -Each Dog MUST be accompanied by its own adult human.
- All entries must be current on rabies, distemper and parvovirus vaccinations and heartworm prevention. **Certificate of Vaccinations must be presented at stadium**
- All bulldogs must be covered by Homeowner’s Insurance Policy of owner for liability in case of harm to another dog, a person or property.
- Proud ancestry and impeccable breeding are not the main criteria in this unique event.
- The winning bulldog must exemplify the image of The Citadel’s legendary nickname, “The Bulldogs.”
- Owners must be leashed to their bulldog contestants at all times during the contest.
- No spiked collars or large signs allowed.
- Costumes, T-shirts, G-rated signs, etc. are permitted and encouraged, but NOT required, to catch the judges’attention. Best Costume prize will be awarded, but Costume category scores will NOTbe included in Most Beautiful Bulldog scores.
- Each owner is responsible for their own water bowl, pad or rug for dog to rest on and other items for the comfort of their dog.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after your dog in a timely manner.
The Citadel Football Association and The Citadel will not be held responsible for injury to dogs or damage to, or loss of, personal belongings.
All registration is done online by credit card (use button link at bottom of page).
Registration will close at 6 pm on Friday, March 14.
Late Registration fee of $60 will begin on Wednesday, March 11.
No dogs will be registered at the event. 60 Dog Maximum
Dogs will assemble under the home side of the football stadium, in the end near The Citadel.
Spaces for each dog, water and exercise area will be provided.
A veterinarian will be present during the contest.
Human friends and family of dogs, owners and the public are encouraged to visit the dogs in the judging area from 12 noon – 1 pm and to attend The Citadel Spring Football Game at 1 pm in the stadium so they can see the Bulldog Beauty Pageant at half time. Dogs who are not registered in the Contest will NOT be allowed to visit.
There is no charge for visitors to the Contest or the Spring Game.
"It's a Great Day to be a Bulldog!"